I'm working on an online BOM with some of my friends this year. We decided we'd do a variety of Drunkards Path blocks...Kerstin is choosing the patterns. We are trying to develop some curved-seam piecing skills. I've never done curved seams before and neither has Vicki, but she finished her January block quite a while ago, and had some good advice: use a small rotary cutter to cut the template blocks. Good advice, which I followed! So far these are not as hard as I had thought it would be... but not easy, either. We'll see how the whole block turns out tomorrow.
The DP Block looks pretty funny when it is pinned. Kind of sqwunchy. The instructions said to use three pins, I used five and eased the pieces together. I hope to get better as the year progresses.
This last photo is the Friday Block Party selection for this week... Week Seven. It is not a 12", so it isn't Red, White, and Blue. I had several ten inch blocks from last year that were made in bright whimsical Kids' Print fabrics. By Summer I should have a bright colored quilt for a child. That would be pretty cool!