Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Almost Caught Up...


I got the third block finished yesterday afternoon before I made a run to the store. In the early 1970s I moved from Redondo Beach to the area between Sebastopol and the Coast, and made the realization that you don't want to forget an ingredient when you live in the country... unless you have nothing better to do than drive 30-40 miles and back to make a trip to the store. Messes up your whole day. Now I try to make lists and go to Roseburg or Eugene once a week.


As far as the block is concerned... I like it - very clean and simple. I think it will be a nice addition to the "Christmas Quilt" that this BOM will become, that inspired by the December Block title and the fabric / color choices I've made.
My points are getting better, I think. I've decided I don't like "Strip Piecing": too pencil-fiddly! If I wnted to draw I'd get out my pastels and go outside... well, maybe not today - it has decided to snow again.
Now it is Back to the Future, making the initial December block, and I'll be all caught up!

1 comment:

  1. I like this block. Fun to piece and very pretty. Yes, you have more than one person reading your posts, lol. I look forward to more of your quilting and maybe a peek at the countryside where you live. ;)

    ReplyDelete