Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Who am I ???


These were/are growing in what might loosely be termed "the front lawn". I mowed around them, thinking they were really pretty. I have no idea what they are, though - so I decided to ask my "Quilty-Blogfriends". So many of you seem to know so much about flowers! There is a longish crocus-like leaf, then a bouquet of five-petaled white flowers on a stem... very short (maybe stunted? lack of care???) about 4-5" tall overall. Are they a wildflower, or just feral? They are not growing in any of the semi-cultivated flowerbeds, just in the lawn.
Ideas, anyone? (probably a really common weed, and I'll be really red-faced for asking you all! tee hee)

2 comments:

  1. I have no idea!! But they sure are cute. I do love your red peony over on your other spot. I have a pink one I planted a few years ago. Never could grow them in Livermore, not cold enough I guess. It does great up here in the mountains. As do Rhodies. On the other hand all my azaelas died.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi - just found your blog - I think the flower is a Star of Bethlehem. Check out this website to see if the flowers match.

    http://www.illinoiswildflowers.info/weeds/plants/starbeth.htm

    Liz

    ReplyDelete